After attending this program, participants will be able to:
• Assess the literature on infant driven feedings and the steps needed to implement the practice in the NICU setting.
• Review literature, myths, and recommendations for checking gastric residual.
• Summarize and critically review emerging research on the Eat Sleep Console method for infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)
• Discuss the impact of Covid-19 on the nutritional well-being and status of neonates.
• List elements of the ideal discharge plan for high-risk newborns.
• Describe how feeding protocols, probiotics, and the provision of human milk can decrease the incidence of NEC.
RN CE credit: 3.5
RD CPEU credit: 3.5