Strategic Workforce Planning in Transit: Developing, Supporting, and Strengthening Your Incumbent Workforce
Strategic workforce planning constitutes a crucial foundation for transit agencies as they develop, support, and train workers to meet the industry’s current and future needs and challenges. Key elements of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law recognize the central importance of well-developed workforce planning programs throughout the industry, including in the context of fleet transition to zero-emission vehicles.
Presented by the Transit Workforce Center (TWC), the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) first-ever technical assistance center to focus on workforce development, this webinar will explore important considerations and best practices for creating strong strategic workforce development plans. Speakers representing a range of industry stakeholders will present varying experiences and perspectives, followed by Q&A with the audience.
This webinar will focus on planning for the incumbent workforce. Two additional upcoming TWC webinars will focus on fundamentals of mentoring and on exploring the use of career pathways and pipelines to fill open positions.
• Nuria Fernandez, Administrator, FTA
• Jack Clark, Executive Director, TWC
• Inez Evans, President and CEO, IndyGo, Indianapolis, Indiana
• Jamaine Gibson, Director of Apprenticeships and Workforce Development, Amalgamated Transit Union
• Dinero Washington, General Manager, SporTran, Shreveport, Louisiana
• Demarcus Roberson, Vice-President, ATU Local 558
• Charles Jenkins, Director, Transport Workers Union Local 100-New York City Transit Training and Upgrading Fund
• Lorna Haley, RN, Occupational Health Nurse, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA); former SEPTA Millwright, Elevator-Escalator Technician, Instructor and Maintenance Manager, SEPTA/Transport Workers Union Local 234
• Stu Bass, Principal, Progress Worx