You are invited by Town Legal & Keating Chambers to a webinar.
The transition period for Brexit ends on 31 December 2020. The different forms of Environment Assessment which play a significant role in our planning system (Strategic Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment) are all derived from EU law. With the promise of reforms to Environmental Assessment in the Planning for the Future White Paper and with the UK having greater control over how we legislate, we can expect changes to come forward in 2021. At the start of the year, what better time to ask ourselves how well Environmental Assessment has worked and how it should be improved?
• What role does Environmental Assessment play in the planning system?
• What problems have we seen with the current approach to Environmental Assessment?
• Where has Environmental Assessment worked well and what can we learn?
• How does Environmental Assessment change immediately after 31 December 2020?
• Working with what we have: how could Environmental Assessment be changed to work better?
• Does Environmental Assessment need more radical reform?
Our panel will discuss all these questions and more:
- Charlie Banner QC (Keating Chambers)
- Safiyah Islam (Town Legal)
- Steve Quartermain (Town Legal)
- Duncan Field (Town Legal)
- Simon Ricketts (Town Legal) - Chair
5 January 2021, 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm