Rewind and fast forward: What has the Growth Board achieved over the past 12 months and how will it be ready to respond in the future?
Formed in 2018, Hertfordshire Growth Board brings political, civic, health and business leadership together to take a long-term place leadership perspective for Hertfordshire’s growth.
The scale of growth facing Hertfordshire is significant and up to 100,000 new homes will be built and around 100,000 new jobs created by the mid-2030s, as our population grows. The Growth Board is perfectly placed to ensure that this hugely significant long-term countywide development is delivered in a fully collaborative and planned way so that sustainable, well-designed and thriving communities are created, maintained and strengthened, while our environment is respected and nurtured.
Supporting Hertfordshire’s economic recovery is also critical, and the Growth Board will be instrumental in supporting the growth of our key economic sectors, influencing the pace of delivery and the quality of development in the county, with our long-term place-based vision informed by our communities.
This webinar series will update stakeholders on its progress across its 2021 work programme themes and look forward to 2022.
• Cllr Richard Roberts, Leader, Hertfordshire County Council and Chair, Hertfordshire Growth Board
• Cllr Sharon Taylor OBE, Leader, Stevenage Borough Council
• Cllr Chris White, Leader, St Albans City and District Council
• Patsy Dell, Director, Hertfordshire Growth, Hertfordshire Growth Board
• Richard Davidson, Director, Willmott Dixon Construction
• Toby Fox, Managing Director, 3Fox