Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children develop a deep sense of number.
• To explore the foundations for developing number sense in the Early Years
• To appreciate the importance of using a range of manipulatives and images to help children develop a solid understanding of abstract numerals
• To highlight a range of ideas to help children count in meaningful ways
• To explore activities and ideas for helping children to count, including the importance of arrangements
• To identify how story and storybooks can help children develop a sense of number