Join CDSB to discuss the UK's consultation on Mandatory climate-related financial disclosures by publicly quoted companies, large private companies and LLPs.
The draft requirements issued by the UK Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) cover:
- All UK companies that are currently required to produce a non-financial information statement, being UK companies that have more than 500 employees and have transferable securities admitted to trading on a UK regulated market, banking companies or insurance companies (Relevant Public Interest Entities (PIEs);
- UK registered companies with securities admitted to AIM with more than 500 employees;
- UK registered companies which are not included in the categories above, which have more than 500 employees and a turnover of more than £500m; and
- LLPs which have more than 500 employees and a turnover of more than £500m.
A key element of the proposal is to evolve existing requirements to align the with the TCFD, rather than to create new requirements.
In total, it is expected that around 1600 companies will be required to implement the TCFD recommendations, starting with financial years on or after 6 April 2022.
Speakers will include:
- Ravi Abeywardana, Technical Director, CDSB
- Michael Zimonyi, Policy & External Affairs Director, CDSB
- Other speakers, inc. a Government representative – TBC