Youth engagement is central to successful school health policy. Student input grounds policy conversations in the realities of today, and the opportunity to have their thoughts considered provides students with a meaningful venue to improve the world around them.
Join the Leadership Exchange for Adolescent Health Promotion (LEAHP) for a webinar featuring two panels of speakers who will discuss strategies for youth-adult partnerships. This event will occur Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm ET. The first panel will feature organizations prioritizing youth partnership, and their discussion will focus on strategies and tools for authentic youth engagement and ensuring different youth voices are considered. The second moderated panel will feature a discussion among youth, and the audience will have the opportunity to ask them questions.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Evon Mahesh, Field Director, Student Voice
• a.t. Furuya, Senior Youth Programs Manager, GLSEN
• Mary Beth Szydlowski, Associate Director, Healthy & Supportive Schools, Advocates for Youth
• Merrit Jones, Advisor, Student Voice
• Micah Hill, Student Member, Mississippi State Board of Education
• Pragya Upreti, Co-leader, Kentucky Student Voice Team
• Jayanti Gupta, National Student Council, GLSEN
This event is free and open to the public.
The development of this event is supported in part by cooperative agreement CDC-RFA-PS18-1807 with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The opinions, findings, and conclusions do not necessarily represent the views or official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.