*1.5 CPD hours have been accredited through Optometry Australia IoE Quality Assurance
Learning Objectives. (CPD hours applied for):
1. Understand SEED 1dayPure EDOF optical principles.
2. Understand applications of SEED 1dayPure EDOF optical designs for presbyopia, pre-presbyopia, visual stress and myopia management.
3. Understand fitting guidance and how to apply it.
4. Understand how to integrate SEED 1dayPure EDOF CLS into clinical practice.
Section 1 – 20 mins
Recap on SEED 1dayPure EDOF theory:
• How non-monotonic power profiles differ from multifocal optics
• How Extending Depth of Focus works
• Pre-presbyopia & Visual stress (Off-label)
• Myopia management (Off-label)
Section 2 – 20 mins
Fitting and case studies:
• Fitting guide Walk-Through
• Tips and tricks
• Anecdotal findings
Section 3 – 20 minutes
SEED 1dayPure EDOF CLs as a practice builder:
• EDOF as clinical problem solver
• Building your business with EDOF
Lynn White MSc FCOptom is a research optometrist working in contact lens design and development. In the past, she ran her own practices in Manchester for 20 years before moving to Trinidad for 3 years in 2002.
Back in the UK, she became a consultant to UltraVision, specialising in keratoconus and irregular corneas and developing the KeraSoft range of soft contact lenses. During this time, she also ran a dedicated Irregular Cornea practice in London.
In 2013, she joined UltraVision, now part of the SEED group, full time as Clinical Director and lectures internationally as well as continuing with contact lens R&D. As Clinical Director, she worked with the University of Liverpool Biomechanical Engineering Group in an Innovate UK project to develop a computer modelling system to show how soft lenses fit on eye.