There are currently 37 states that allow for use of medical cannabis, and the Tennessee General Assembly has debated the issue extensively for the last few sessions. Members need to learn what is going on politically and medically with cannabis in our state. Autry Parker, MD, a Memphis pain medicine specialist, will lead our session to help you understand the regulatory landscape, the science and treatment uses, and questions you may be faced with in the near future. This is a high-level discussion to get physicians oriented to medical cannabis in Tennessee.
This CME course is designed to enlighten and educate TMA members on:
1. The latest state of debate on medical cannabis;
2. Medical science, evidence, use, interactions, what science we know;
3. New nomenclature;
4. Resources to services and professional references;
5. Where the legislation stands in Tennessee;
6. The likelihood of adoption timeline; and
7. Any decisions you will be faced with in the near term.
Members will receive 1.25 hours of CME for the program portion.