Join Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Disability Awareness Council for a free online webinar about fair housing and the rights of people with disabilities, including reasonable accommodations and modification requests. This is a free webinar, but registration is required.
Topics that will be covered:
- Who is protected by the Fair Housing Act?
- What properties are covered?
- What are reasonable accommodations?
- Can a reasonable accommodation be used to avoid an eviction?
- How do I file a fair housing complaint?
- Who can I contact for help?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit questions in advance of the training.
This webinar is sponsored by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of North Carolina, the Triangle Disability Awareness Council, and the City of Durham Human Relations Division. The event is funded in part through a grant under the Fair Housing Initiatives Program with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.