Former Florida Senator David Simmons, who is an attorney Board Certified by The Florida Bar in both Civil Trial and Business Litigation, will discuss the recently signed HB1 Public Disorder Act, commonly known as the “Anti-Riot Act,” and how it applies to the landmark law he co-authored commonly known as “Stand Your Ground.”
The discussion will include:
• Events leading up to the Anti-Riot Act.
• What the Anti-Riot Act provides.
• The constitutional challenges raised against the
Act, including but not limited to, the First
Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment.
• A recap of the Stand Your Ground law.
• How the Anti-Riot Act applies to the Stand Your
This presentation will leave the listener with an informed understanding of both the Anti-Riot Act and Stand Your Ground.