Join us for a conversation with Douglas K. Freeman, our local philanthropist turned nonprofit executive, and founder of National Philanthropy Day.
Doug will share his experience and insights, serving on multiple local and international foundation boards, including his own family’s. Our interactive conversation will include some of these questions and we are open to your questions as well:
• How are foundations responding to COVID-19’s impact on our community?
• What trends do you see continuing beyond the pandemic?
• In your role as trustee, how do you ensure grantmaking is consistent with the founder’s vision?
• What are the factors to consider about whether to sunset a foundation?
• What responsibilities and processes are involved in sunsetting a foundation?
• How do have you seen multi-generational strategies differ? What are some successful strategies for engagement?
• How can wealth managers, CPAs, attorneys and philanthropic advisors best serve foundation and nonprofit boards?