What is the role of schools in helping deliver London's ambitious net zero, circular economy and Sustainable Development Goals by 2030?
The inaugural Schools Climate Summit, a flagship event of London Climate Action Week, seeks to harness the power of London schools for climate action. Under the motto 'Think Like A System, Act As A Sector' the Summit challenges London's 3,500 diverse schools to unite and deliver at scale.
A unique partnership with the Mayor of London, London Councils, British Council, Royal Meteorological Society, Let's Go Zero, Global Action Plan, Climate Psychology Alliance & others, the Summit kicks off on Tuesday 29th June with related online events throughout the week.
Summit activities are divided into three pillars: Summit Programme, Deep Dive workshops & Schools-based activities.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMIT PROGRAMME (29th JUNE) NOW OPEN - PLEASE USE THE FORM BELOW
Other events & resources include:
1. The London Climate Curriculum - 4 lesson plans on London's climate challenges & SDGs
2. Guidance by Climate Psychology Alliance on effective climate change communication with children
3. Climate change resources by partner organisations
4. 'Doorways' podcast featuring inspirational school & climate leaders
5. Student-MP Climate Surgery (2nd July 2021) supporting democratic dialogue ahead of COP26
6. Expert-led Deep Dives on 5 key Summit themes: CAMPUS, CURRICULUM, COMMUNITY, CAREERS & FINANCE.
REGISTER FOR SUMMIT PROGRAMME NOW:
○ Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment & Energy
○ Stephen Twigg, former MP and Schools Minister
○ Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of the Environment Agency
○ Jonathan Porritt, Co-Founder of Forum for the Future
○ Harriet Lamb, CEO Ashden Foundation, Let’s Go Zero
○ Jim Knight, Rt Hon Lord Knight of Weymouth
○ Cindy Forde, Planetari
○ Dr Jess Tipton, London Schools Eco-Network
Full SUMMIT details here: