There's nothing like the Month of May in Indiana, and farmer Jill Houin wants you to be a part of the history! Join her for a LIVE Virtual Farm Tour at Homestead Dairy at 10 a.m. Eastern on May 7 to learn about how she and the cows help winners drink milk all year long.
Jill and her family are very invested in sustainable farming practices and supporting their community. They even use waste products from their farm and surrounding areas to power homes in the county!
You'll get to meet the future of the farm in the calf barn, where Jill uses advanced technology to take care of the calves in all kinds of weather. Special guests from the Indy 500 Festival Princess Program will be on the farm also answering questions about the race!
Tour length: 45 minutes
--- IF YOU ARE CONNECTING WITH STUDENTS IN THE CLASSROOM ---
• Connect using the Zoom link you'll receive upon registering to present the tour to your students physically in the classroom.
• Do NOT share your Zoom link with others. It is valid for only ONE single connection to the tour. Other interested teachers should register separately to receive their own link to join.
--- IF YOU HAVE STUDENTS LEARNING REMOTELY ---
• Provide them the Facebook/YouTube live streaming link(s) you'll receive upon registering to watch the tour on their individual devices.
• Do NOT share your Zoom link with students. It is only valid for ONE single device connection.
--- STUDENTS/PARENTS ---
• There is no need to register for this event. Tune in via the Facebook or YouTube link below to watch LIVE at 10 a.m. Eastern on May 7.
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nbrKoUMniHU
Watch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/indairy/live_videos