Judicial review & the planning system in 2021: practical tips, current trends, what’s round the corner?
A joint Town Legal LLP and 39 Essex chambers webinar
This will be a practical session aimed at planning consultants, planning officers, lawyers and anyone else interested in the practical role that the Planning Court carries out in overseeing and influencing planning decisions and the operation of the planning system:
- Recent and forthcoming changes
- What to do if you are acting for a potential claimant, interested party or defendant
- Recurring grounds of challenge and how to spot or avoid them
- Costs, timescales
- The Government’s consultation on judicial review reform – what could it mean for the planning system?
- Richard Harwood QC – 39 Essex chambers
- Chris Todman – Town Legal (and formerly at WCC/RBKC bi-borough legal service)
- Celina Colquhoun – 39 Essex chambers (and formerly member of the Lord Faulks panel, which carried out its Independent Review of Administrative Law in January 2021)
- Simon Ricketts – Town Legal
- Katherine Barnes – 39 Essex chambers
5 pm Thursday 15 July 2021