Every year, around 200,000 service members transition to civilian life, but many employers are unsure how to recruit and retain this important segment of the workforce. We also know that military spouses are an often untapped talent pool. Of the 600,000-plus military spouses, the Department of Defense estimates 25% are unemployed.
In this fast-paced webinar, we will share:
- Why organizations should consider hiring veterans and military spouses
- Benefits of hiring from these underutilized talent pools
- What’s keeping employers from maximizing the potential of the veteran workforce
- Solutions for better veteran hiring
- Tools to assist your organization with reaching veterans and military spouses
This webinar is a part of the SHRM and USAA Foundations Ambassador program. Your facilitator for the session, Amanda Haddaway, is a part of the inaugural cohort of the program. This program has been pre-approved for 1 SHRM PDC.