This year, in June, Slovenia will be commemorating the 30th anniversary of its independence. Slovenia is emerging as Europe’s secret success story. Slovenia’s post-independence history has been a series of firsts: it was the first Southeast European country to join the EU, the first emerging European country to join the eurozone and the first from the region to switch from borrower to donor status at the World Bank.
Also, for six months, from 1st July, Slovenia will be presiding over the Council of the European Union for the second time. Slovenia's presidency has established a greener EU as one of its key priority themes. Slovenia's EU presidency will try to achieve progress in negotiations on legislation under the framework of the asylum and migrations pact. Strengthening the Schengen zone and security are also high on the list of priorities.
The Diplomatist, together with the Embassy of Slovenia in India, is organising an Expert Webinar on 29th June 2021. This online discussion will offer practical insights on the following:
• 30 Years of Slovenia | Economic Development
• Priorities of Slovenia EU Presidency
• Future of Slovenia-India ties
• Way to enhance trade
• Cooperation against the COVID pandemic
• Cooperation in infrastructure, automotive industry, human resources and technology
• Cooperation in clean technology, robotics and artificial intelligence
• Port of Koper: An entry point for cargo from India
• 16th Bled Strategic Forum in Slovenia 2021
• Slovenia: A Green Boutique Destination