Investors are critical for the existence and growth of new ingredient companies whose ingredients can serve as nutritionally equivalent substitutes for fishmeal and fish oil, that will enable aquaculture to continue to grow.
Investors can fund at many points of a start-up’s life cycle: research, proof of concept, and then scaling. In this session we will hear from aquaculture investors about their investing approaches, areas of interest, investments in this space, and favorite up-and-coming alternative ingredients.
For aquafeed companies, alternative ingredients enable risk mitigation for limited and unstable supply chains. For investors, these same supply-chain problems present potentially lucrative opportunities.
• Georg Baunach, Managing Partner & Co-founder, HATCH
• Xiao Chen, Senior Agricultural Analyst, Tianfeng Securities
• Kate Danaher, Managing Director - Oceans and Seafood, S2G Ventures
• Alex Kopelyan, Senior Director, IndieBio (SOSV)
• Matt Mulrennan, CEO, EnVest
• Lisa Rich, Founder/COO, Xplore Inc.
• Mike Velings, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Aqua-Spark