Join the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF and Child Rights Connect for the 2021 HLPF side-event on Equitable access to justice for all children.
Co-sponsored by the PMs of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Slovenia in New York, as co-chairs of the Group of Friends on the Rights of the Child in Geneva, the PM of the Kingdom of Belgium in New York, and the Child Rights International Network (CRIN); this event represents a unique opportunity to discuss what access to justice for children, as an essential pre-requisite for the promotion and protection of all their rights, means and entails and discuss remaining challenges.
Moderator: Genevieve Boutin, UNICEF Deputy Director of Programmes.
• Mikiko Otani, Chairperson of the Committee on the Rights of the Child, Setting the scene: what is access to justice for children and why it matters.
• Dohyeon Kim and Yujin Kim, child and young climate activists, South Korea, Engaging in national litigation for climate inaction.
• Amparo Peñaherrera, Federation of Women of Sucumbíos, Ecuador, Legal and social support for girls victims of violence in remote areas.
• Aneta Genova, lawyer, Bulgaria, Legal support and litigation for children with mental disabilities.
• Theoni Koufonikolakou, Deputy Ombudswoman for Children, Greece, Receiving and handling complaints from children.
We really look forward to seeing you at the event.