A vision of self-driving cars propels the research and development of automotive LiDAR, a vital hardware providing distance and velocity information of a vehicle’s surroundings. Some LiDAR concepts are already heading toward production for automotive ADAS and industrial markets. Two newer concepts promise the greatest potential yet: frequency-modulated continuous wave (FMCW) LiDAR and time-of-flight (TOF) flash LiDAR. However, there are engineering challenges impeding their full adoption. This webinar reviews operation principles and challenges of different LiDAR concepts, a brief discussion on the LiDAR market, and a review of critical optical components such as photodetectors and sources.
• Fundamental test solution principles for challenges in demanding environments
• Ensuring flawless and reliable operation of potentially life-critical components and systems over the entire life of the equipment
• Techniques and results of signals from both LiDAR and facial recognition lasers from different smartphones
• Experience how LiDAR manages (or mismanages) navigating metropolitan city streets in a truly driverless Level 4 Robotaxinverter systems will learn how to more effectively benchmark data for and troubleshoot issues with energy efficiency in EV powertrains.
Key topics include:
• Diving Into Motor & Control System Measurements
• Baselines for system efficiency and inverter control signal analysis at the systems level
• Critical measurements to benchmark inverter input, inverter output, and motor output
• Analysis of motor control signals like torque control variables, positional sensors, and PWM and torque measurements