Our latest survey on the Net Zero economy*, conducted in partnership with O2, showed that just one in ten businesses are measuring their carbon footprint, with 30% claiming that high up front adaptation costs and a lack of finance is holding them back. The research also showed that only one in seven have set targets to reduce their emissions – down from one in five when firms were surveyed in February 2020.
Despite a lack of awareness on carbon footprints, many firms are still taking a wide variety of positive actions to reduce their emissions and become greener. This event will provide SME’s with an understanding of the Net Zero economy and the steps they can take now to ensure we meet our ambitious targets.
Leading the way to Net Zero, a panel event delivered in partnership with O2, will enable participants to:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the term Net Zero and the impact it will have on their business.
• Understand the steps they should take to realise their Net Zero ambitions and targets.
• Learn from a real-life case study. We will hear from XXX, a small business that’s taken positive steps on their journey to Net Zero.
• Take away details of the tools available to them to help them on their Net Zero journey.
On Thursday 30th September at 2pm Hannah Essex, Co-Executive Director at the British Chambers of Commerce will be joined by:
• Tracey Herald, Head of Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability at Virgin Media O2
• Ben Westerman, Climate Challenge Programme Manager, British Chambers of Commerce
• SME business - TBC
*Conducted in July 2021
In order to comply with GDPR, the British Chambers of Commerce will not share your personal details with anyone unless you inform us you're happy for us to do so.