As businesses look to reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic, join our panel for a discussion of how to best avoid liability issues in the “High-Risk Employees".
How about employees with underlying medical conditions putting them at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19?
• Who is considered high risk?
• Can employers bar higher risk employees from returning to the workplace?
• Direct Threat under the ADA
• Effective communications standards for employees returning to work.
• Best Practices
• Strategies for employees who refuse to come back
• FFCRA Sick Leave and EFMLA
• Legal Mandates/Guidances
• Continued Remote Options
• Remote work Policy Considerations
• Other Considerations
• Compensating Furloughed employees
• Non-exempt employees
• Exempt Employees
• Duration of the Furlough
• Unemployment benefits during the furlough or layoff Employer Obligations
• What is the WARN Act?
• Are there any exceptions to the 60-day notice requirement?
• Is the COVID-19 pandemic covered under any exception?
• Gregory Meihn, Foley & Mansfield
• Nicole Foley, Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss
• Patrice Arend, Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss
• Terence Durkin, Kitch Drutchas Wagner Valitutti & Sherbrook