2020 marks the 20th anniversary of the United Nations Global Compact and the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325, which established the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda. However, despite the steady progress that both initiatives have made over the past two decades, the links between the two remain underexplored, and the role of the private sector in advancing the WPS agenda remains largely untapped. UN Global Compact Network UK’s Business Action for Women, Peace and Security webinar series aims to start a conversation about this and inspire businesses to make positive contributions to the WPS agenda.
Join the first webinar in this series, The WPS agenda and private sector potential, to:
• Learn more about the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda and why it should matter to the private sector
• Explore how businesses can support and advance the WPS agenda by leveraging existing global CSR platforms and partnerships
• Ask any questions you may have about the WPS agenda to experts from the UN Global Compact, academia, and civil society organisations.
Confirmed guest speakers include:
• Nicola Popovic, Co-Founder and Director of Gender Associations
• Maha Abdallah, international advocacy officer at the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies
• Michelle Breslauer, Senior Manager, Governance & Peace at United Nations Global Compact
For any questions about this webinar, please contact Karla at email@example.com.