This free webinar with Literacy How president, Margie Gillis, and Mentor, Wendy North will explain why every administrator needs to have a working knowledge of the Science of Reading and a basic understanding of Structured Literacy.
This webinar will:
* Provide a rationale for having a basic understanding of the science of reading and what it means for literacy instruction.
* Illustrate the components of comprehensive reading instruction using the Literacy How Reading Wheel.
* Explain why oral language is at the core of the reading wheel.
* Discuss the use of the oral language literacy protocol that can be used as a ‘walk-through tool’ as teachers’ lessons are observed.
* Share advice about how to use a walkthrough tool to provide targeted and meaningful feedback.
Who Should Attend:
SCHOOL AND DISTRICT ADMINISTRATORS committed to supporting teachers in understanding and applying evidence-based solutions for raising reading achievement in their school or district.
In July 2009, Margie Gillis founded Literacy How to bring a decade of knowledge-to-practice research from Haskins Laboratories to the classroom. Since Literacy How's founding, our Mentors have advanced teaching and learning by helping thousands of educators in hundreds of schools and districts to use evidence-based practices to succeed. By applying and conducting research in schools and classrooms, we continuously develop our expertise, so we can help you develop yours.