Welcome to the first ever International Event on Sport Officiating, taking place online on the 20th of November 2020 (10am to 1pm Paris/ Brussels time) as a Zoom Webinar.
Participants in this new online event will increase their knowledge on international developments in sport officiating and learn about new tools to support the education and training of sport officials.
This event is being organised as the final part of the Erasmus+ Sport funded project entitled ONSIDE, coordinated by the European Observatoire of Sport and Employment (EOSE), which aimed to enhance the skills of sport officials in Europe. The event is being organised jointly with the International Federation for Sports Officials (IFSO).
The ONSIDE project partners (www.onside-sport.eu/partnership) have been working for the last 3 years to explore and define the generic competences, skills and knowledge expected of sport officials – covering all sports and nations.
For more information on ONSIDE project see www.onside-sport.eu
For more information on IFSO see www.ifso.sport
A unique line up of expert speakers and panellists will deliver a range of interactive sessions, covering the following topics:
• The first ever EU funded project for sport officiating and what it means for the sector
• How to use the innovative ONSIDE European standards for sport officiating
• The benefits and uses of the new ONSIDE e-learning courses for sport officials
• Introduction to IFSO, their members and goals
• Gender equality in sport officiating
• Selection criteria of sport officials by international sport federations
• Legacy of the ONSIDE project and how the outcomes will be taken forward by IFSO
We look forward to your participation in this new online event for sport officiating that will gather a variety of stakeholders from the whole sector including national and international sport federations, leagues, national sport bodies and sport officials themselves.