This webinar will explore the application of gene sequence-based precision medicine to rare cancers, and the special challenges that must be overcome to improve treatment efficacy for these diseases. Key topics will include:
• Defining precision cancer medicine
• What are predisposing mutations for cancer?
• What are cancer drivers and driver mutations?
• What is “tumor mutational burden”?
• How can identification of gene mutations enable individualized cancer therapy?
• How effective is the approach today, especially for rare cancers, and what are the prospects for future development?
• What special challenges must be overcome to improve efficacy for rare cancers?