In Slavic magic, poppets are created as spirit helpers that house the ancestors, give us support for our work, and offer protection. In this workshop, you'll learn how to craft your own motanka, or spirit doll, to give a home to your ancestor spirits to protect your home.
You can simply watch the workshop or participate by making your own motanka along with me. If you'd like to craft one, please have the following on hand for this workshop and be prepared to make some amazing magic.
- Cloth square about 18 inches (45 centimeters) wide (slightly stiff and heavier cloth like denim or canvas will work best)
- Smaller rectangle piece of the same cloth about 8 inches by 6 inches (20 centimeters by 15 centimeters)
- A variety of different colored embroidery floss
- Square piece of colorful fabric about 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 centimeters)
- Rectangle piece of a different colorful fabric about 5 inches by 8 inches (12 centimeters by 20 centimeters)
- Wide ribbon or a rectangle piece of fabric 2.5 inches by 4 inches (6 centimeters by 10 centimeters) for the apron
- Tapestry needle with an eye big enough to accomodate the embroidery floss
No magical experience is necessary and people of all spiritual paths are welcome.
Everyone who registers will receive a recording of the class 24 hours after the workshop.