Join Northwest Access Fund Financial Coach & Benefits Planner Allison Falleur Barber to learn about transitioning to adult Social Security disability benefits.
This webinar focuses on transition at age 18, both from childhood Social Security disability benefits to adult Social Security disability benefits or arriving at a point where you are now eligible for adult benefits.
We will cover:
- The differences between Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- The eligibility and application process for SSI and SSDI
- Eligibility based on your own or another's work history
- How to establish a household of 1 for SSI purposes
- How to work while accessing Social Security benefits
A Q&A period will follow the presentation.
This event will be in English with live CART captioning and ASL interpretation.