Are you thinking of changing jobs? Temping? Working independently or in a community setting? Do you need help managing the complexities of clinical practice? Join us in talking about what is often not talked about in dental hygiene – the things that matter on a day-to-day basis and can help improve your clinical setting! We will review key processes such as infection control, documentation, common challenges with communication with both patients and the dental team, and tackling some employment topics like taxes, record-keeping, and wage negotiations.
The webinar objectives:
1. Identify various work settings for dental hygienists & how the pandemic has shifted our practice landscape.
2. Outline key concepts related to maintaining professional standards in a varied/changing work environment, including infection control in a pandemic, documentation, and communication to name a few.
3. Discuss common challenges in the dental hygiene workplace and identify solutions for addressing these challenges.
4. Recognize and identify the differences between dental hygienists as independent contractors vs employees.
5. Discuss employment standards, legal rights, taxes, record-keeping and approaches to wage negotiations.