Objective: To enable the course participants to play their role in safeguarding children when working with children and young people at a faith centre. During the session, you will learn what your role is in keeping children and young people safe.
Main components of the course: During this course, participants will learn about:
1. The importance of safeguarding children
2. Barriers to safeguarding
3. Safeguarding and child protection
4. Recognising abuse
5. Responding to an abuse disclosure or concern
6. Reporting the abuse/concerns
7. Recording the right information
8. Keeping your knowledge of safeguarding up to date.