Organizations Concerned About Rural Education (OCRE) is proud to host its annual federal rural education policy event. During this half-day virtual event, attendees will get an overview of the issues facing rural K-12 schools, administrators, teachers and students as our public school system continues to recover from the pandemic. An abridged agenda of the summit is listed below. To access the full details of the summit - including the tentative session descriptions and speakers - please click the link at the bottom of this registration page.
• Strengthening Rural Education and Communities (12:00 -1:00 p.m. ET)
• Repairing the Teacher Pipeline: A Rural Education Crisis (1:00- 1:45 p.m. ET)
• Rural Connectivity: Internet and Technology Access in Rural Schools and Communities (2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET)
• The Importance of a Federal Investment in Rural Education Research (3 – 4:00 p.m. ET)
• Census and Community Matters for Rural America (4:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET)