Do you aspire to create accurate and honest representations of your data? Then you’ve probably run into the need to remove unreliable, noisy data points from your data set before creating your model. Use Surfer’s Assign NoData tool to easily refine grids and data points to represent the exact parameters you need. For example, grid only the data nodes inside the shoreline of a lake or pond and exclude the surrounding terrain. Or, use it to remove all data within a specified distance from an outlier sampling well or drillhole. You can even use the Assign NoData tool to replace a portion of a grid with another grid!
This webinar will cover several ways you can Assign NoData to XYZ data points, vector contour lines, and a grid file. Providing you with the knowledge to choose the method that works best for your personal workflows.
The topics will specifically cover how to:
- Assign NoData in the Grid Data dialog using a polygon boundary
- Assign NoData using a Mixed NoData flag (Assigning NoData inside and outside multiple polygons)
- Assign NoData in the Grid Data dialog using a convex hull
- Assign NoData in the Grid Data dialog using an Alpha shape
- Assign Nodata on an existing grid and replace a portion of a grid with another grid
- Tips to make your model publication ready