As the competition for viewers and subscribers increases, a critical success factor for streaming platforms is to assure that consumers can easily find your content online. Rich metadata plays a crucial roll in giving your content a high ranking on search results and content discovery platforms. In this 30 minutes webinar, we will discuss metadata strategies for media companies and showcase how you can amplify your content visibility without increasing your cost.
Market and Metadata trends:
- How the shift from linear to on-demand affects the metadata strategies for streaming platforms and broadcasters.
- Booming content supply and consumers’ struggle to find relevant content.
- Internal and external Content Discovery.
- Traffic sources for streaming platforms.
- Platform branding vs program communication.
Challenges in metadata distribution:
- Adaptation beyond language - Legal (e.g. parental guidance), - Technical (e.g. formats) and Cultural (e.g. highlighting different actors in different countries).
- Standardised vs partner-specific deliveries.
- Scaling metadata deliveries without scaling cost.
- Live demonstration of how automated metadata deliveries can increase visibility and help you keep control of how your programs are presented to consumers.
Questions & Answers