Engaging and Mobilizing Men: A Review of the State of the Field, and Implications for Movement Making in NY, Part I
The North American MenEngage Network (NAMEN) is finalizing a “State of the Field” report of the engaging men movement in Canada and the US. The Report reviews the current status of efforts to engage and mobilize men to prevent gender-based violence.
This session will provide an overview of the state of the field report and will presented by Report Author, Rus Funk, who will provide an overview of the NAMEN “State of the Field Report” findings.
Some of what this report examined includes:
• What ages are engaging men efforts focused on
• What theoretical frames are most widely used
• Where are engaging men efforts based (community, campus, agency, etc)
• What populations of men are being focused on (athletes and coaches, men of faith, men as parents, students, fraternity men, men in unions, etc.)
• What themes are emerging in the efforts to engage men and boys
• What gaps currently exist.
A copy of the presentation can be found here: https://bit.ly/3lr9SRY