11:00 -11:10 Call to Order President Garrett
Prayer Tabor Member
Introduction into the meeting President Garrett
Treasurer Report Aundrea Jackson
11:10 – 11:30 Board Updates
President Ollie Garrett
Vice President Brian Sims
Secretary Sherlita Kennedy
Membership Committee Darci Henderson
Government Affairs David Hackney
Public Affairs Committee Henry Yates
Education Committee Kevin Washington
Business Development Committee Anthony Burnett
11:40 – 12:15 Presentations
• Brenda Nambi, Office of Civil Rights, Equity & Inclusion, Sound Transit will discuss Sound Transit’s DBE goal and advise how comments can be provided.
• Miguel Beltran, Contracting Compliance Manager, Purchasing and Contracting, City of Seattle will present Job Order Contracting overview.
• Shana Barehand, Esq.Business Diversity & Marketing Manager, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services will talk about how DES is implementing the disparity study recommendations for goods and services contracts.
• Tamaka Thornton, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program Manager, Port of Seattle
will highlight a few upcoming procurements/projects with opportunities for WMDBE at the Port of Seattle.
• Kara Williams, Strategic Adviser II - WMBE Manager, Seattle City Light - will share highlights of the program that SCL will present, called “setting expectations” how subcontractors should approach City Light projects.
• Regina Glenn, the QEPC WMBE outreach Consultant on the Seattle City Light’s Cedar Falls Project would like to explain a unique outreach session to be held on November 9th. City Light and the prime contractor will detail how to do business with City Light in general, and on this project, specifically.