Join leaders from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and guest speakers as we release the 2021 Texas Infrastructure Report Card. As civil engineers in the state of Texas, we have a responsibility to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. ASCE believes part of this responsibility includes providing the public and our elected leaders with critical information about the current state of our infrastructure—the backbone of our economy. The report card is a 4-year effort to assign an overall GPA and individual letter grades as well as provide key recommendations for: aviation, bridges, dams, drinking water, energy, flood risk mitigation, levees, public parks & recreation, highways & roads, solid waste, transit, and wastewater. With this knowledge, the public will increase support for infrastructure improvement and maintenance and subsequently urge elected leaders to act on prioritize funding, so our vital infrastructure meets the current and future needs of all Texans.
Following the release of the report card, ASCE leaders and report card authors will take questions from the news media.
- Mark K. Boyd PhD, PE, D.WRE (Texas Section Infrastructure Report Card Committee Chair)
- Griselda Gonzales PE, ENV SP (Texas Section VP for Professional Affairs)
- Sean P. Merrell PE, PTOE, RAS (Texas Section President 2021)
- Jean-Louis Briaud PhD, PE, D.GE, Dist.M.ASCE (ASCE President 2021)
- Lindsay O'Leary CAE, PE, LEED AP (Texas Section Executive Director)
- Jenni Peters (Texas Section Communications Specialist)