Please join Clean & Prosperous Washington as we have a courageous conversation about environmental justice and equity, featuring some of Washington’s most respected voices, and led by national environmental justice leader Paula Sardinas of the Washington Build Back Black Alliance. You will hear from:
– 2013-17 US Secretary of the Interior, Sally Jewell
– Washington State Senator Rebecca Saldaña
– Washington State Senator T’wina Nobles
– Washington Environmental Council’s Chief Executive Officer Alyssa Macy
– Nature Conservancy’s Director of Public Policy and Advocacy David Mendoza
The heartbeat of this important session is looking at environmental policy through the lens of racial equity. The discussion will focus on why environmental justice communities pushed for passage of the Climate Commitment Act (CCA), how the policy prioritizes overburdened communities, what the CCA’s Environmental Justice & Equity Advisory Panel will do, and when there will be important public comment opportunities.
With the CCA’s planning and implementation already in motion, don’t miss this important discussion centering environmental policy on racial equity. Save your spot by registering HERE for A Courageous Conversation about Environmental Justice on Wednesday, October 6 at 2 p.m. PT.
We would like to thank our webinar sponsor, the Port of Seattle.