The Cities Power Partnership’s third annual Climate Awards recognise outstanding council-led initiatives all over Australia and celebrate the exceptional achievements of member councils striving to lower greenhouse gas emissions and embrace clean energy and transport.
The calibre of entries this year was incredible, and double the number from 2019. Join us for a virtual celebratory evening as host Craig Reucassel (from ABC's Fight for Planet A) announces our finalists and winners for 2020.
We can’t wait to recognise the exceptional achievements of our member councils who constantly strive to act on climate change.
FULL LIST OF AWARDS (in the order they will be announced on the night):
- Renewable Energy Achievement Award
- Innovation Award (regional)
- Energy Efficiency Achievement Award
- Climate Ambassador Award (elected representative)
- Sustainable Transport Achievement Award
- Climate Champion Award (council staff)
- Community Engagement Achievement Award
- Innovation Award (metropolitan)
- Tony Wellington, Former Mayor of Noosa
- Verity Morgan-Schmidt, Former Partnerships Director for Farmers for Climate Action
- Dan Pediaditis, Senior Program Manager, Environment and Sustainability, Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Gerry Hueston, Climate Councillor and Chair of the Board
- Tim Baxter, Senior Researcher, Climate Council
The Cities Power Partnership is Australia's largest local government climate network. In just three years, membership has swelled to include over 135 councils representing more than half of Australia's population.