The Regulator’s Financial Toolbox series examines regulatory issues where technology meets bookkeeping. In this 90-minute webinar, speakers will address technology, uses, costs, and benefits, and what are the future opportunities for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI). This webinar will explain what AMI is and does, what are examples of the benefits of AMI, its role in enabling a more resilient system, what are regulatory considerations for AMI, and what is the future for AMI.
This session will be moderated by Commissioner Talina Mathews from the Kentucky Public Service Commission, and include presentations from Denis Reynolds (Florida P&L), Michael Jarro (FP&L), Jess Melanson (Utilidata), Josh Ryor (Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority), and Chris Villarreal (Plugged in Strategies).
This webinar will provide regulator insight into:
- How AMI is a foundational device to enable grid operation and market efficiency;
- How AMI is tied to resilience and helps reduce outages
- How AMI is treated from a regulatory perspective and how regulators can enforce prudency
- How to maximize useful life to lower bills for customers
- Consider integration with legacy systems and future systems