BIDs, which operate under various names first grew to prominence in Canada and the USA and have since expanded across the world. In essence they involve businesses coming together to improve the local and business trading environment with mixed success. Certainly, the role for security varies, sometimes being (at best) marginal and other times core to improving trade and the local communities they serve. Why is this? What needs to change to enhance the role of security?
This webinar will discuss:
• What role can and does security play in enhancing trading conditions?
• Why is the role of security seemingly so often marginal?
• What needs to change to show how good security is core to effective trading?
• Chris Turner – CEO, British BIDs
• Grant Stewart – Senior Projects Manager, Essential Edinburgh
• Karol Doherty – BID Security Manager, WeAreWaterloo BID