Having adapted swiftly to phone surveying in 2020, the team at IDinsight have had a good deal of opportunity to reflect on the process, including concerns around bias. They found that in some survey populations, the level of mobile phone access women in households have is unequal to men, however, there are strategies teams can use to make phone surveys more inclusive and better cater to women. Join us on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1 PM UTC / 9 AM EST for our next webinar installment, where you'll learn about these challenges, and how to approach them.
Join us for this webinar to learn more about the following in relation to phone surveying:
- Phone ownership in low income households
- How to secure the cooperation of male gatekeepers
- How to protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of responses
- How to ask sensitive questions
- What are the types of questions that may not be appropriate to ask women
- How does the gender of the interviewer affect consent rates
- Adjusting the time of day of phone surveys to better reach women
- Insights around qualitative data collection
Participants will gain important insights into the planning and execution stages of phone surveys, to help minimize gender bias. This event will be helpful to those who are new to and experienced with conducting phone surveys, and are interested in ways to help improve outcomes.