On October 8, the Department of Labor began the implementing a new prevailing wage system with much higher wage thresholds for H-1B, E-3, and PERM applications. The Department of Homeland Security has also published an H-B Interim Final Rule.
WR Partners Bernard Wolfsdorf and Cliff Rosenthal will discuss the changes to the H-1B Visa Program.
Topics will include:
• DOL’s new prevailing wage levels for H-1B, E-3, and PERM workers
• DHS’s Interim Final Rule – What to expect
• Proposed revisions to the definition of “specialty occupation”
• Enhanced enforcement, compliance, and worksite inspections
• Corporate strategies for retaining H-1B workers