Hannah has been using storytelling in her language lessons for the last 6 years with great success and her action-packed webinar will include tips on:
• Storytelling using whole class repetition and actions to embed structures;
• A variety of engaging practice activities;
• Innovating a story with comic strip storyboards;
• Using bilingual dictionaries with support;
• Gap-filling to innovate a new story with support;
• Animating puppets and illustrations using the app Chatterpix;
• Creating an eBook or real book to add to the school library and/or website as an end of year showpiece.
The session will cover ideas for a complete term of work, or longer, and the majority of the activities can be adapted for stand-alone lessons. The ideas promote the use of ‘chunking’ to learn structures and a variety of activities to boost literacy in younger learners of any MFL. The examples of work shown are based on work in primary lessons but are very adaptable to KS3 teaching and they would make a great transition project for year 7.