Workforce diversity has long been a stated goal of US domestic and corporate policy, yet a sense of never arriving at the goal permeates our social and business environments every day. Diversity takes many forms; racial, gender, age, experiences, sexual orientation, faith, ethnicity, language, etc. It’s not surprising that organizations which embrace diversity perform far better than their peers according to multiple studies. What is surprising is the lack of diversity in the executive and managerial ranks of large and small companies alike. What are the benefits of a diverse workforce to individuals and businesses? Why do barriers to achieving diversity persist?
• How do companies benefit from diversity?
• Why is diversity hard to achieve?
• What are conscious and unconscious biases and how do we recognize them?
• What are the tools, templates, and best practices to follow to enact diversity?
• What are the barriers to diversity and how to overcome them?
• What are worthy success stories of businesses embracing diversity and what lessons can we learn?
Milton Perkins, Ph.D., SHRM-SCP, CPC, Senior Vice President, ActOne Government Solutions, Inc.
Jerry Bell, Ph.D., MBA, Owner, JBJ Business Group, Inc.
Maria Burgos, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Prince William County Government, Virginia
Who should attend: Employers, HR Professionals, Developers, Investors, Citizens, Realtors, Planners, and those interested in what’s next in Prince William County, Virginia.
Cost: No charge.