Level best? The role of the regions in transforming the UK’s post-pandemic economy
Birmingham’s transformation has continued through the pandemic as it races towards the starting gun being fired at this summer’s Commonwealth Games. During this exclusive webinar, we’ll ask if there is a much more mixed picture across the Midlands, where investment can appear to be stuck in the slow lane.
Nearshoring is back on the agenda, while some of the Midlands’ sector strengths, such as automotive innovation and life sciences, are brimming with opportunity.
How the region maximises the momentum from Coventry 2021 and Birmingham 2022, as well as the arrival of HS2 and the major developments attracted by the huge infrastructure investment, will be crucial in delivering a decade of prosperity.
Joining us to debate these issues – and more – will be:
- Richard Beverley, Managing Partner, Birmingham, Freeths
- Professor David Bailey, Professor of Business Economics at Birmingham Business School
- Beverley Nielsen, County Councillor at Worcestershire County Council
- Anita Bhalla, Interim Chair, GBSLEP
- Raj Kandola, Head of Policy, Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
Plus more TBA