This fall, MassBudget is hosting Envisioning Equity, a series of community conversations examining how our state budget can help build economic and racial justice in Massachusetts. The state budget, passed by the Legislature every year, is a statement of our Commonwealth’s values. How policymakers choose to raise revenue and what to spend that revenue on shows how committed we are supporting our people and our communities particularly those most affected by structural racism and disinvestment by both the public and the private sectors.
Join MassBudget for a virtual conversation featuring:
- Superintendent Thomas Anderson, New Bedford Public Schools
- Takeru "TK" Nagayoshi, Mass. Teacher of the Year 2020
- Meghan Irons, Boston Globe Reporter, Great Divide
- Steve Koczela, President, MassINC Polling Group
- Moderator Colin Jones, Senior Policy Analyst, MassBudget
- Host Marie-Frances Rivera, President, MassBudget