Please join us for an online session dedicated to exploring new Climate Change Committee (CCC) advice to the Welsh Government on emissions targets and the path to Net Zero.
This session will cover:
• New Climate Change Committee recommendations to the Welsh Government on climate targets
• Wales’ contribution towards the Sixth Carbon Budget and implications for emissions from Wales in the 2030s
• Recent progress in reducing emissions in Wales
• Emissions pathways to 2050 for Wales, sector-by-sector
About our upcoming advice
The Climate Change Committee will be providing advice to the Welsh Government on setting the third carbon budget (2026-30), a 2050 emissions target as well as interim targets for 2030 and 2040. This will be accompanied by a report on progress being made to reduce emissions in Wales, both of which will be published on Thursday 17th December.
This advice will build on our new recommendations to the UK Government on the Sixth Carbon Budget, the Committee’s recommendation on the level of greenhouse gases the UK as a whole can emit during the period 2033-2037, due on 9th December. Supported by ground-breaking new analysis from the Climate Change Committee, the Sixth Carbon Budget will set out for the first time the detailed pathway to meeting the UK’s Net Zero target in 2050. It includes considerable new insights and policy advice for Wales and for the UK.
About the event
• 09:30-10:30, Thursday 17th December
• The event will include a high-level overview of the Climate Change Committee’s advice
• The event will be chaired by Dr Rebecca Heaton, the Climate Change Committee’s Wales Champion
• There will be an opportunity to ask questions