Community Housing Aotearoa and Housing First Auckland in partnership with Ministry of Social Development (MSD) will host a second series of online training sessions for practitioners working in the housing and homelessness sector. The MSD training series will focus on the following topics:
Session 1: Products and services to support private rental (May 4)
This session will include information on products and services to support private rentals including rent arrears, bonds, supplements and sustaining tenancies.
Session 2: Public Housing Assessment (June 1)
This session will provide an overview of how the priority rating is assessed, bedroom allocation and how letting areas impact on a person’s ability to be matched.
Session 3: Emergency Housing (June 29)
This session will provide an overview of emergency housing, including pathways to alternative accommodation, contributions, and supports.
Session 4: Work and Income 101 (July 27)
This session will provide an overview of benefits, supplements and hardship payments.
These sessions are an opportunity to:
• provide relevant information to new and existing practitioners across the housing and homelessness sector
• provide relevant information across all contract types
• highlighting work and income products and services, as well as anything new coming on board
• connect with regional teams across Aotearoa including Community Liaison Advisors and Regional Housing Managers
• identify what people find is working well, and/or challenging, when dealing with Work and Income, with a service improvement approach.