Pain, Substance Misuse & Treatment: Science, Practice, and Prescribing Guidelines
This webinar is scheduled for 60-minutes. While anyone in Arizona is welcome to join, as part of our funding we are specifically focusing on providers in Gila, Graham, Mohave counties. We have applied for continuing education credits. If approved, they will be free to you.
Arizona physicians are required to have at least 3 units of opioid-related, substance use disorder related or addiction continuing medical education each licensing renewal period.
Topics covered include the following:
• Pervasiveness of overdose in Arizona,
• Definitions and neurobiological stages of addiction,
• Factors associated with pain,
• Updates to Arizona’s prescribing guidelines,
• Effective OUD treatments, and
• Resources for additional information and training.
1. Identify and treat pain and substance use disorder/opioid use disorder (SUD/OUD) using Arizona Department Health Services 2018 guidelines.
2. Recognize issues associated with pain and SUD/OUD.