Join representatives from Skidegate Band Council, Squamish Nation, Tla'amin Nation, and 'Namgis First Nation as they talk about their experiences responding to COVID-19 outbreaks in their own communities. During this one-hour session, Kyle Marshall (EOC Director), Chris Lewis (Councillor and Spokesperson), Erik Blaney (Fire Chief), and Shannon Alfred (Health & Safety Manager) will share:
* The details of the outbreak in their community
* How prepared their community was and what they wish they had had in place prior to the outbreak
* How community mobility was/is being managed to contain the outbreak and reduce further exposure
* What partners supported the community the most and how
* Recommendations to other First Nations on how to improve their response measures, resume services, and be ready for the second wave
This webinar is part of the FNPSS Webinars series featuring speakers on topics of current interest and relevance to BC First Nations administrators and leaders. These sessions are based on First Nation to First Nation learning and are a key element of the FNPSS Mentorship Network.